THIS BLOG ALSO HAS A LOT OF HISTORIC PHOTOS FROM MY PERSONAL ARCHIVES

Friday, February 7, 2014

17) a scorpion! , drake bay, costa rica

The attached document was sent from the Bookscan station
at the Newport Beach public library.
Thank you.
http://www.Newportbeachpubliclibrary.org

...in 1991 I went to costa rica to do disaster relief for our church denomination after the major earthquake there , and after several weeks doing so, I was offered a teaching/tutoring job in a remote area of southern Costa Rica called "Drake Bay" (Bahia Drake) near famous Corcovado national park. Only way to get there (at the time) was by boat or plane...I lived there for half-a-year teaching two elementary kids, Brian & Adrian, the children of Herb & Melanie who owned a tourist camp. I also helped guide tourists from time-to-time after I got to know the area...lots of rainforest ! great experience
This email is From: BookScanStation
Date: 02.07.2014 Time: 13:02:36