THIS BLOG ALSO HAS A LOT OF HISTORIC PHOTOS FROM MY PERSONAL ARCHIVES

Sunday, March 23, 2014

A FEW PICS from our IOWA CITY DAYS



The "Iowa years"...where I was born  in 1967...dad was a CRC pastor at the time..we stayed there for a few years and then moved to Grand Rapids where we stayed until 1984. Of course, going to Grand Rapids was going "home", by and large, for my mom & dad. Both had gone to high school & college in west Michigan (mom went to GRCH, dad went to Holland Christian; & mom also went to Oakdale Junior High; both went to Calvin College).












 i see grandpa kok in the middle ..also ruth & sherwood towards the right and their kids ..my mom to the left of grandpa..plus a few more kids

 january 1965: picture of the church pastored by my dad ?




 here's the little house we lived in for a few years.
 here I am at lake okoboji ...where we loved to vacation


 it's a boy !
 it's a boy ! that's ME !



















we took a trip to New York during the Iowa years. Prior to Iowa my dad had worked for a year or so at a hospital in upstate New York.


















MY  1st HAIRCUT !

 1st HAIRCUT









MY  2nd HAIRCUT !
what really WARMS my heart about this is knowing my mom & dad cared so much about me that they took the time to preserve these small but incredible moments, such as 1st & 2nd haircut !
"I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race & complete the task the Lord Jesus has given to me -- the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace."
 Acts 20:24